Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Dressed Up Table

I love holidays.  And I love dressing up our house for the holidays.  Since Halloween and Thanksgiving are just around the corner, I thought today would be a great day to start some fall DIY projects.  We are going to dress up our napkin rings.  Now, if you only have antique napkin rings that were passed down to you from your Great-Grandmother, I suggest buying some more.  However, everyone else can just use the ones we have currently on your table (or in a drawer, in the back of your closet, where ever they are).  First, we need the napkin rings


These were wedding gifts.  Next you need your hot glue gun and some little wooden pumpkins.  They don't have to be pumpkins, they can be whatever you would like.  Just make sure they are small and can handle hot glue.  I got these at Hobby Lobby


I think they were $1.99 for six in the fall crafts section.  Cute, cheap, and versatile, since they can work through the fall season.  Now, my napkin rings have a dip in them, so I applied hot glue around the edge.  And then I simply pushed the pumpkins down onto the glue. 


Easy peasy.  And, since it's hot glue, it should come off without a problem.  Now, I just need to make some cute napkins and my table will be half way done for halloween!!  I hope you have a great Wednesday!!




No comments:

Post a Comment