Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pumpkins, Parties, and Donuts!


On the off-set chance that your Facebook friends haven't notified you yet, Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte is back.  





It's huge news among my coffee obsessed family and friends.  I, however, am not a big fan of coffee, so the only thing I ever get is the Caramel Apple Spice.  And only in the fall and winter.  Hot drinks in the summer just make me hotter!  But I just might have to jump on the HUGE bandwagon and get one. 

I might just be drinking this on my way to a party Saturday.  My supervisor has a taken a job with another company.  He was a dream to work for, and will be greatly missed.  And while we will still get to see him on weekends, it's just not the same.  So, we are having a good-bye party for him this weekend!  I love parties!  The only thing I love more than going to parties is decorating for parties!!  But, since this party is at a friends house, and it's for a guy, the decorations will be limited.  I do, however, get to bring an appetizer!  I love appetizer parties.  Eating a little of this and that, and then going back for seconds!!  So what will I be bringing you ask?  A cheese ball!  It's actually my friend Linda's recipe.  But I love it, and could literally eat the whole thing!  It's so easy to make too!





Ingredients:
3-Bars of softened cream cheese
3-Packages of Budding ham (the little packs)
2-Packets of Italian seasoning
1-Bag of crushed pecans

Cut the ham into little pieces.  Mix the ham, cream cheese, and Italian seasoning together.  I usually use my hands.  It's a little messy, but I find it easier.  Next, spread some crushed pecans onto a cookie sheet.  Dump the cream cheese mixture onto the pecans and start rolling it around.  While doing this, form the mixture into a ball.  Put the ball on a cute plate, cover with aluminum foil, and pop in the fridge.  We serve ours with Sociable crackers.  It's always a hit!

And, just in case you were unaware, today is National Cream-filled Donut Day!  





So treat yourself today to a pumpkin spice latte and donut!  This day only comes around once a year!  Have a great Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment