Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It's Halloween!!

Ok, not really.  But we are getting closer!  And I can't wait!  Halloween is a huge deal around our house.  We have a Halloween party every year, and all of our friends dress up in costume.  We have had some great costumes through out the years.  And that is what today's post is about.  A DIY costume idea!  And it's so easy!  I have already done it.  So, can you guess who I was last year for Halloween?


Flo from the Progressive commercials!  And it was actually a pretty easy costume to make!  I already owned the white jeans and bought the white polo at the Gap on clearance.  I think it was from the mens section.  The fake Converse were from Payless.  Cute and I still wear them.  Now, the apron and letters I bought from Hobby Lobby.  I think I used a 40% off coupon for the apron.  Then just went home and ironed them on!  The head band was from the Dollar Tree.  I just teased my hair in the back and put the head band on.  I downloaded her name tag and the I Heart Progressive logo from Progressive's website (they actually have a link to tell you how to dress like Flo!) and printed it on card stock.  And finally, I used two different red lipsticks to get that same red (or as close as I could).  Everyone said I looked just like her!  And it was so easy!  So get our there and get your Flo on, or just start thinking about your costume, and have a great Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment