Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Easy Apron

In today's post I'm going to share a quick & easy apron that my mom whipped up for me a few years back. When I pulled out my Halloween decorations recently & found the apron, I had to share this quick & simple idea.
 

 
Above is the apron that my mom made. The genius of this apron is that all you need is a dish towel, some ribbon & a sewing machine; and there's no pattern to cut!
 
 
Keep reading for a step by step tutorial.
First choose a dish towel. I purchased mine in a 2-pack at TJ Maxx for less than $5. Make sure the design will still look appropriate when the dish towel is unfolded vertically.
 
 
Gather the top of the dish towel in the shape of a semi circle and pin.

Next overlay with ribbon & pin.  Pin ribbon to each side to tie apron around the waist. This apron is customizable in so many ways. Adjust the ribbon length to fit you (or the recipient of this awesome gift) accordingly.


 
Now, simply stitch the ribbon to the dishtowel & you're done! It took longer for me to get out my sewing machine & set up than it did to put this apron together!
 
This would perfect to throw on Halloween night if, like me, you don't get home until it's nearly time for trick or treaters. You look festive in a snap.
Use this idea for Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving; basically anything they make holiday dish towels for :)
 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment