Monday, October 8, 2012

Fail!!

Do you ever see something and think "I can totally make that!"  I do it all the time.  And since I have a Silhouette Cameo, I tend to go overboard sometimes.  But this isn't one of those posts where I failed at making something inspired by Pinterest.  Oh no.  It's one where I basically failed at folding paper.  Why can't the Martha gods smile down upon me sometimes?  Any who, I was browsing silhouettes online store for shapes for halloween.  I have two nephews who are having a joint birthday party, and I thought it would be kind of cute to have little halloween inspired treat boxes.  So, I find the shape.  This one, to be exact

How cute is it?  And so totally easy, since the machine cuts everything out for you.  All I would have to do is fold and fill with treats, right.  So totally simple.  WRONG!  I failed.  Now, don't get me wrong, it does look like a bat treat box, but not one where you could keep the treats inside the actual box!  Everything started out ok.  I got it cut out.


See, how nice.  I popped it out of the template, and started folding along the crease lines, so nicely dotted by the silhouette.


And then things went downhill.  Notice anything about the box?  Like maybe the sides aren't touching?  No big deal, right?  Slap a piece of tape on that sucker and call it a day.  Nope, every time I taped one side, the other came apart.


Ugh!  Just stay together!  What was suppose to start out as a nice little Sunday afternoon project, whipping out like 25 of these, turned into me getting in a mood because my undiagnosed OCD wouldn't let me be satisfied with the box.  That was for a children's birthday party.  That only my family was going to.  I may have problems.  This was the finished product.  Please excuse my unpolished finger nails.  Between planting mums and cleaning the house, OPI has had to wait.


It looks totally fine.  And my nephews will love it, especially because it will be filled with sugary goodness.  But, I can see the flaws, and they taunt me so.  Oh well, maybe I should try and youtube Martha's failures, if she had any, which I doubt, because she had a show.  And a magazine.  And books.  I have a blog with my best friend and severe problem with boxes not wanting to stay together. 





No comments:

Post a Comment