Friday, October 12, 2012

It's Late!

Ok, so this post was suppose to be done last night.  Oops!  Please forgive us, we are still trying to figure out this whole two people blogging, working full time and not letting our homes look like an episode of hoarders!  Any who, today's post is a DIY post, and a bit of a gripe.  But first, the project.  I bought these two beauties at Goodwill awhile ago. 


The messy dining room table is all part of my halloween decor.  Scary, huh?  The candlesticks were an ugly two tone color, which is totally fine if you have some spray paint.  Which I did, at one point.  But I had forgotten that I went on a spray painting kick a few weeks ago, and used all of my black spray paint. And all of hubby's.  And I was to lazy to drive back to town to buy more spray paint.  So, I ran to Dollar General in the hopes that they carried spray paint.  And then did.  At a $1.25, I really couldn't complain.  It was cheap, and would probably peel off later, but I only needed it to last until after our party later in the month.  


A couple of coats later, and those two toned candlesticks looked so much better


I couldn't wait to use the next product I had.  I had seen it in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago, and had a 40% off coupon, so I bought it.  What is it, you ask?  This


GLITTER SPRAY PAINT!!!  How awesome is that?  It's the little things in life, people, the little things.  So, I sprayed. A few coats of it.  And aside from the fact that my outdoor table has a sparkly side, the candlesticks looked awesome.  Aca-awesome for those of you that have seen Pitch Perfect.





How pretty are they?  And they will look so pretty when I insert some orange candles in them!  I cannot wait!

And now for the gripe, that cool looking Krylon glitter spray, well the can sucks.  I wanted the spray paint to be awesome, considering it's $7.99 a can.  But when I started spraying, the can wouldn't stop.  I held it upside down, pulled the nozzle off, everything I could think of.  But it just kept spitting out glitter and glue.  EVERYWHERE!  I had wanted to be able to use it on other projects, but I ended up throwing it away.  If Krylon ever happens to read this, which would actually be very awesome, I would like them to know that they should maybe re-design the nozzle and can.  Just so you can actually save the can!  

And one more thing.  Pitch Perfect is actually a really good movie.  I totally recommend it!  And yes, Fat Amy was my favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment